Gaming headsets are a great way to get an edge over the competition when playing online multiplayer games. The immersive sound quality of headsets allows you to hear everything from incoming footsteps to nearby loot easily.
Like other audio devices, headsets come in wired and wireless varieties, so choosing the correct option for your needs is essential. If you’re a hardcore gamer who refuses to make compromises regarding latency, a wired connection using the built-in 3.5mm audio jack on your Xbox Series X controller might be right for you.
- Plug the 3.5mm audio jack from your wired headset into the port on the bottom of your controller.
- If the audio in your headset is too quiet or too loud, you can adjust it by opening the Xbox guide, selecting “Audio & music,” and adjusting the volume.
While wired headsets are the best option for serious online gamers, you should consider wireless headsets if you’re a casual gamer who plays many single-player and story-focused games. Xbox’s latest wireless headphones give you unparalleled mobility and freedom to move around your gaming area.
- Hold the power button on the back of your Xbox Wireless Headset.
- After you hear a beep, hold the “Pair” button on your Xbox Series X.
- Your devices have successfully paired when the lights on your console and headset stop flashing.
If you have trouble connecting the two devices, visit this Xbox troubleshooting page for tips.