Much like Police Simulator: Patrol Officers before it, there’s been some serious hype surrounding the Xbox and PlayStation release of Firefighting Simulator – The Squad. It gets real today though, as the game bursts onto the Xbox and PlayStation Stores.
Available today on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5, Firefighting Simulator – The Squad is the latest sim-styled affair to come to console, breaking away from the PC landscape in which these things thrive.
Priced up at £24.99, Firefighting Simulator – The Squad is very much a world away from the triple-A titles to have hit the scene over recent months, but that doesn’t mean it’s one you should ignore. In fact, if you’ve plans to embrace the fire service, this is possibly your best bet yet – and yes, that may be mostly because previously firefighting sims have been rubbish.
Firefighting Simulator – The Squad gets pushed to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5 thanks to the astragon Entertainment and Chronos Unterhaltungssoftware as they allow players to tackle the flames, either alone or, as the name suggests, in a squad of others. It may be best to team up too, as no less than thirty missions will be in place here, testing all your firefighting skills as you not alone learn the ropes, but begin to harness the power of various pieces of equipment and skills.
It goes without saying that putting out fires will be the main goal of Firefighting Simulator – The Squad, but in order to do so you’ll need to consider a range of elements. With multiple firefighting vehicles to hand and an advanced fire simulation and mechanics ensuring that water, smoke, heat, backdrafts, flashovers and more will need to be of mind, this could well be the deepest firefighting sim yet.
Key game features include:
- Multiplayer co-op mode, where you can play with up to three friends and take on whichever role suits you most. Assign tasks to your team or jump into the action yourself. Together with your squad you can be the firefighting heroes of your city and save the lives of your neighbours.
- Single player mode, where you can become the leader of an experienced firefighting team. Guide your squad to success in your missions and extinguish as many fires as possible.
- Advanced fire simulation, including water, smoke, heat, back drafts, flashovers, grease fires, and a wide range of other causes of fires, such as electronics, chemicals, and explosions.
- Five licensed Rosenbauer America fire trucks, such as the TP3® Pumper, or the T-Rex® hydraulic platform.
- Authentic equipment by well-known US firefighting industry brands, such as Cairns®, MSA G1® SCBA, and HAIX®.
- A detailed 15k acres large US city with different districts, such as an industrial area, suburbs, and downtown.
We’ll let you know how Firefighting Simulator – The Squad plays on Xbox Series X|S as soon as we can, but for now you can pick up a copy of the game for yourself by visiting the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. It’s also on PS4 and PS5, as well as PC.
Fire alert incoming! With Firefighting Simulator-The Squad, you can become part of a major US city’s firefighting team and experience how it feels to fight fires. Start the siren of your fire truck, grab your hose, and fight realistic fires to save lives. Discover over 30 diverse deployment locations spread across the city inspired by the North American West Coast. Equip yourself with authentic firefighting gear such as helmets, firefighter boots, and a breathing apparatus model by well-known North American firefighting equipment manufacturers. Whether in the industrial area, the suburbs, or downtown: Your city needs you!