Like a Dragon: Ishin has received a new combat trailer showcasing the many ways in which protagonist Sakamoto Ryoma will be able to dole out justice early next year. Focusing on four different combat styles — Swordsman, Gunman, Brawler, and Wild Dancer — Ryo will have plenty of vicious options “to change the course of Japan’s history forever.”
The trailer also reveals that you’ll be able to change between each style during combat, adding strategic layers to each encounter. Particularly impressive is the Wild Dancer style, which appears to incorporate attacks from the other styles in a roiling tornado of blades and bullets. Check out the trailer above to see it in all its glory.
Developed by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios and published by SEGA, Like a Dragon: Ishin is set in 1860s Japan and is a full remake of the 2014 title of the same name, which was originally released on the PlayStation 3 and PS4. This marks the first time the spin-off has made its way West.
You can pre-order Like a Dragon: Ishin now. Those who opt for the Digital Deluxe Edition will be able to play the game four days early and receive nine DLC items:
- Shinsengumi Captain’s Set.
- Ryoma Growth Support Kit.
- Sword Upgrade Materials Kit.
- Gun Upgrade Materials Kit.
- Third Division Armament Expansion Kit.
- The Dragon of Dojima Skin.
- Kijinmaru Kunishige, a dark sword with a white hilt.
- Bloody Sheen, a sword soaked in blood.
- Black Ship Cannon, a cannon taken from Western ships.
Like a Dragon: Ishin will release on February 21, 2023, for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Series X|S.