Valve are working fast to clean up this New Big Picture Mode taken from the Steam Deck, with another Steam Client Beta for desktops out now.
There’s now two different launch arguments you can use, depending on how you play with Steam. There’s the original “-gamepadui” to launch directly into the newer Big Picture Mode but there’s also now “-newbigpicture”, which will start in desktop mode but allow you to launch into the new Big Picture Mode (so the button doesn’t launch into the old one).
The full changes below:
- Fixed inaccurate regions where clicking would allow dragging the Friends List
- Fixed inaccurate location of context menus for the Friends List
New Big Picture Mode
- Added command-line argument -newbigpicture which will cause the Steam Client to use the New Big Picture Mode, while starting in Desktop mode. This is separate from -gamepadui, which will cause the Steam Client to start in the New Big Picture Mode.
- Fixed various issues where UI would show in the main window instead of the Overlay
- Added work-around for crash caused by older NVIDIA drivers that prevented showing additional information in the Settings => System panel
- The Xbox extended features driver has been updated for Windows 11
- Fixed hang when the Amazon Luna controller rumbles on macOS
- Fixed glyphs for third party Nintendo controllers while streaming
A look at how to do it from before in case you missed it: